Sunday, May 20, 2012

Those Annoying Celebrities. Pt.1

In years past when I would write stories, I would post an annual annoying celebrities list around Memorial Day. It's been a few years since my last list so I've compiled another roster of who and why they made my list. Usually I start with the females but this time around I want to start with the most annoying male celebrities that make me cringe. The rule is simple on how this works. The person listed must be in the media of some form, from being local to known world wide. There are usually 10 names on the list with an honorable mention It's rather basic, so here is my roll of vexatious varmints for 2012.

Honorable Mention:   Mitt Romney


I'm probably pointing a finger at the future President of the United States but I can't get a grip on this guy. As much as I want to like him, there seems to be something about him I can't place my finger on. Maybe it's his middle name, Mitt? I don't know why he doesn't use his first name, which is Willard, to promote himself?  Maybe it's because most people my age hear of the name Willard and think of the 1971 movie Willard where the main character has an affinity for rats. What kind of person names their child Mitt? I've never heard it before. Maybe his parents had an affection for baseball gloves or winter mittens? I don't know...till i can figure him out he's made honorable mention on my list.

10:   Donald Trump



Let's face it. With all the money this guy has he could afford a better hair style. Though many people think his hair is a comb over he bared all in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine saying he washes his hair with Head and Shoulders and lets it air dry for about an hour. Then combs it. Donald even went as far as to pull the lead of his flying wing back to show his hairline. He never said anything about the crown of his head. It could be he's bald in the back instead of the front. Still looks like a comb over to me. Donald gets the number 10 spot for not spending any money for a stylist. You're fired Donald.

9:  Jean Claude Van Damme




I like action movies but I can't understand why he is so well received as an actor. I have trouble with listening to his verbal ability. It's almost as bad as Arnold Schwarzenegger's pronunciation of the word California. Unlike Arnold, Jean Claude is not funny. He seems to be on the edge of being too serious in all his acting parts. Lighten up some Jean Claude and find some humor in some of the movies you get later on. Find an action script that has one memorable line in it like all of Arnold movies have had. Such as, "You're luggage", used in the movie Eraser. For being a mediocre actor with bad scripts you get my number 9 spot.

8:   Andy Dick




I don't find his type of stand up comedy funny. He's rude, crude, lewd and socially unacceptable. What does a guy have to do to get in the papers? How about numerous drug offenses, drunken fits of rage, lewd public actions and assaults. Andy gets my number 8 spot for just being himself.






7:   Pauly Shore




His comedies aren't humorous to me. maybe if he could get a serious part in a movie it might change my mind on him. Maybe his fault comes from the stuff he is given by his agent. His crass ability to not hit my funny bone while trying to imitate a true comedic actor puts him on my list.






6:   Steven Seagal




Bad actor. He needs to take some lessons from Bruce Willis. Even his reality series as a reserve deputy chief in Louisiana makes him look as if he's acting for the cameras. Break out the frying pan and throw this ham to the flames. Lighten up Steven, there is more to life than Ninjas and nunchakus.






5:   Mel Gibson




Mel has a serious problem. Some of it has been caught on camera and recordings. His psycho ramblings has placed him on my list of annoying celebrities. Anyone that can't control their anger and still have a place in the public eye needs to have some counseling. Some of his acting roles may not have been acting after all. Such as in the Lethal Weapon series where he plays a psychotic cop. Mel may be more like "Mad Mel" than "Mad Max".




4:  Tom Cruise

What does Scientology do to people? I guess it makes them jump around on couches in the view of millions of people. I kind of lost it for Tom's acting after the mid 1990's. I still like his 1983 movie "Risky Business" but some of his later films have been strange, weird and somewhat odd. His newest movie about him being a rock star just doesn't do it for me. He' sings Def Leppards' "Pour some sugar on me". Personally, I'm not a fan of Tom's singing but his Mission Impossible series does bring back some of his skills. Overall he's just become eccentric to me after his merge into the Scientology sect.



3:  Russel Hantz




Self proclaimed "Best" ever Survivor player of all time. If that's the  case, why didn't he ever win in his three attempts at the reality game show? Russell is a manipulator, trying to get others to do his dirty work while looking innocent. It's the same in his new television program called "Flipped Off'. He whines and belly aches most of the time over money and gets  others to do his work while he reaps the benefits, while mentioning every 10 minutes or so about his Survivor skills. It's time to go back to the oil field Russell or at least send someone there to do your work.


2:   Russel Brand




An English import comedian that needs to go back to England. This guy just annoys me with anything he says or does. I can't find a place for him except in the top ten annoying list. he's like screeching fingernails on a chalk board to me. I just need an eraser to get rid of him.






1: Justin Bieber




Can't sing, can't act but gets high praise and lots of media attention on how great he is. I guess he is to most  teen girls that know  no sense of real talent and are only looking for some eye candy and dreams of being Mrs. Bieber. It just goes to show, anyone can get famous on You Tube. Justin can be fun if you are lucky enough to be one of his picked friends.


                                                           
Here I am picking him!




This is my list of top annoying celebrities for 2012. I know not everyone will agree with my choices but it's my opinion and others may have a different view on the ones I've selected. if you think there are others that need to be added, just write them in as an elective to see if they make the grade as an annoying celebrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment